Industrial/Organizational Publications and Conference Presentations
On this page:
(Students Advisee in Italic)
- Bowling, N.A., & Beehr, T. A. (2016). Opponent Process Theory Can Help Explain Some Effects of Resilience. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 9(2), 486-490.
- Bowling, N.A., Huang, J. L., Bragg, C. B., Khazon, S., Liu, M., & Blackmore, C. E. (2016). Who cares and who is careless? Insufficient effort responding as a reflection of respondent personality. Journal of personality and social psychology, 111(2), 218.
- Wang, Q., & Bowling, N.A. (2016). A Comparison of General and Work‐specific Personality Measures as Predictors of Organizational Citizenship Behavior. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 24(2), 172-188.
- Burns, G.N., Fillipowski, J. N., Morris, M. B., & Shoda, E. A. (2015). Impact of electronic warnings on online personality scores and test-taker reactions in an applicant simulation. Computers in Human Behavior, 48, 163-172.
- Eschleman, K. J., Bowling, N.A., & LaHuis, D. (2015). The moderating effects of personality on the relationship between change in work stressors and change in counterproductive work behaviours. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 88(4), 656-678.
- Morris, M. B., Burns, G.N., & Periard, D. A. (2015). Criterion Validity of Complex Traits With Counterproductive Work Behaviors: Circumplex Versus Facet Traits. Human Performance, 28(5), 440-462.
- Morris, M. B., Burns, G.N., Periard, D. A., & Shoda, E. A. (2015). Extraversion–Emotional Stability Circumplex Traits and Subjective Well-Being. Journal of Happiness Studies, 16(6), 1509-1523.
- Eschleman, K. J., & LaHuis, D. (2014). Advancing occupational stress and health research and interventions using latent difference score modeling. International Journal of Stress Management, 21(1), 112.
- Flach, J. M., Steele-Johnson, D., Shalin, V. L., & Hamilton, G. (2014). Coordination and control in emergency response. Invited chapter, submitted to Handbook of emergency response: A human factors and systems engineering approach. New York, NY: CRC Press. pp. 531-546.
- LaHuis, D., Hartman, M. J., Hakoyama, S., & Clark, P. C. (2014). Explained variance measures for multilevel models. Organizational Research Methods, 17(4), 433-451.
- Steele-Johnson, D. & Kalinoski, Z. (2014). Error framing effects on performance: Cognitive, motivational, and affective pathways. Journal of Psychology, 148(1), 93-111.
- Kalinoski, Z., Steele-Johnson, D., Peyton, E. J., Leas, K. A., Steinke, J., & Bowling, N.A. (2013). A meta-analytic evaluation of diversity training outcomes. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 34, 1076-1104.
- Leasher, M., Miller, C.E. (2012). Discrimination across the sectors: A comparison of discrimination trends in private and public organizations. Public Personnel Management. 41(2), 481-326.
- Killian, J. H., Miller, C.E., Holmes, C. W., & Stevens, H. P. (2011). Working toward a model of demonstrated value in predicting and developing leadership success. Advances in Global Leadership, Vol. 6, pp. 217-242. Edited by William H. Mobley. Emerald Group Publishing: Bingley: UK.
- Leasher, M. K., & Miller, C.E. & Gooden, M. K. (2009). Rater Effects and Attitudinal Barriers Affecting People and Disabilities in Personnel Selection. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 39(9), 2236-2274.
- Gore, T. J., Peyton, E., Steele-Johnson, D., Wylds, K. R., & Kelly, D. S. (2016). Beneficial Effects of Personality and Cooperation on Team-based Learning Perceptions. Presented at the 28 th Association for Psychological Science Annual Convention, Chicago, May 2016.
- Bowling, N.A., & Lyons, B. D. (2016). Does peer reporting vary by type of counterproductive work behavior? Paper presented at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA
- Barron, L., Rose, M., & Burns, G.N. (2015). Initial validation of the Work Interest Inventory for remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Career Fields. In J. Wood (Chair), UAV Selection and Assessment. Symposium presented at the International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, Dayton, OH.
- LaHuis, D., Hartman, M.J., Barnes, T., Hakoyama, S., & Blackmore, C. E. (2015). Using person fluctuation parameters to detect insufficient effort responding. Poster presented at the 29th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Philadelphia, April 2015.
- Dean, S., Miller, C.E. (Co-chairs). Renorming and custom norming: How, when, and why? Symposium to be conducted at the at the 27th Annual Meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, San Diego, CA, April 2012.