On this page:
(Students Advisee in Italics)
- Harel, A. (2016). What is special about expertise? Visual expertise reveals the interactive nature of real-world object recognition. Neuropsychologia, 83, 88-99.
- Harel, A., Groen, I. I., Kravitz, D. J., Deouell, L. Y., & Baker, C. I. (2016). The Temporal Dynamics of Scene Processing: A Multifaceted EEG Investigation. eneuro, 3(5), ENEURO-0139.
- Heinen, S.J., Potapchuk, E., & Watamaniuk, S.N.J. (2016). A foveal target increases catchup saccades frequency during smooth pursuit. Journal of Neurophysiology, 115, 1220-1227, doi:10.1152/jn.00774.2015.
- Watamaniuk, S.N.J. & Heinen, S.J. (2015). Allocation of attention during pursuit of large objects is no different than during fixation. Journal of Vision. 15(9). doi:10.1167/15.9.9
- McIntire, J.P., Havig, P.R., Watamaniuk, S.N.J., and Gilkey, R.H. (2010). Visual Search Performance with 3D Auditory Cues: Effects of Motion, Target Location, and Practice. Human Factors, 52, 41-53.
- Davidson, S.A., Gilkey, R.H., Colburn, H.S., and Carney, L.H. (2009). An evaluation of models for diotic and dichotic detection in reproducible noises. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 124, 1906-1925.
- Collins, M. G., Juvina, I., & Gluck, K. A. (2016). Cognitive Model of Trust Dynamics Predicts Human Behavior within and between Two Games of Strategic Interaction with Computerized Confederate Agents. Frontiers in psychology, 7.
- Fox, E. L., & Houpt, J.W. (2016). The perceptual processing of fused multi-spectral imagery. Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications, 1:31. DOI: 10.1186/s41235-016-0030-7
- Houpt, J.W., MacEachern, S. N., Peruggia, M., Townsend, J. T., & Van Zandt, T. (2016). Semiparametric Bayesian approaches to systems factorial technology. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 75, 68-85.
- Larue, O., & Juvina, I. (2016). A Call for Unification of Dual-and Single-Process Accounts in Cognitive Models of Intuition. Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition, 5(3), 338-340.
Interface Design/Spatial Analysis
- Bennett, K.B. (2017). Ecological interface design and system safety: One facet of Rasmussen's legacy. Applied Ergonomics, 59, 625-636. (Special Issue: Reflecting on the legacy of Jens Rasmussen.)
- Fox, O. M., Harel, A., & Bennett, K.B. (2017). How Configural Is the Configural Superiority Effect? A Neuroimaging Investigation of Emergent Features in Visual Cortex. Frontiers in Psychology, 8.
- Rizzardo, C. A., & Colle, H.A. (2013). Dual-coded advisory turn indicators for GPS navigational guidance of surface vehicles: Effects of map orientation. Human factors, 55(5), 935-945.
- Rizzardo, C. A., Colle, H.A., McGregor, E. A., & Wylie, D. (2013). Using a single map display both for navigational planning and for turn-by-turn vehicle guidance: Configural spatial knowledge acquisition. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 19(4), 301-319.
- Hampton, A. J., & Shalin, V.L. (2017). Sentinels of Breach: Lexical Choice as a Measure of Urgency in Social Media. Human factors, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0018720817691612
- Holzmacher, J., Sarani, B., Puche, A., Granite, G., Shalin, V.L., Pugh, K., ... & Mackenzie, C. F. (2017). Can hyper-realistic physical models of peripheral vessel exposure and fasciotomy replace cadavers for performance assessment? Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- Vidulich, M. A., & Tsang, P.S. (2017). Expert performance and time pressure: Implications for automation failures in aviation. In M. Schwarz & J. Harfmann (Eds.), Proceedings of the 32nd Conference of the European Association for Aviation Psychology (pp. 71-85). Groningen, NL.
- Flinn, J. T., Miller, A., Pyatka, N., Brewer, J., Schneider, T., & Cao, C. G. (2016). The effect of stress on learning in surgical skill acquisition. Medical teacher, 38(9), 897-903.
- Wickens, C. D., & Tsang, P.S. (2015). Workload. In D. A. Boehm-Davis, F. T. Durso, & J. D. Lee (Eds.), Handbook of human-systems integration (pp. 277-292). Washington, DC: APA.
- Hillard, A. L., Schneider, T., Jackson, S. M., & LaHuis, D. (2014). Critical Mass or Incremental Change? The Effects of Faculty Gender Composition in STEM. In Gender Transformation in the Academy (pp. 355-374). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Watamaniuk, S.N.J. & Heinen, S.J. (2017). Fixation and pursuit show similar behavior with complex stimuli. Visual Sciences Society annual meeting, May 19-24. St. Petersburg, FL
- Hutton, R., Blackford, H., Jones, N., Fisher, A., & Bennett, K. B. (2017). Challenging the Limits of Cognitive Systems Engineering and Ecological Interface Design: Commander’s Cyber Situational Awareness. Proceedings of the IEHF Annual Conference, Daventry, UK: IEHF. April.
- Capiola, A., Baumgartner, J.N., & Schneider, T. (2017). Challenge Appraisals Predict Better Academic Outcomes. Poster to be presented at SPSP, San Antonio, TX. January.
- Noesen, B., Hansen, N., Ewald, J., & Harel, A. (2016). Does Task Relevance Modulate The Scene Sensitive P2 Component? Poster presented at the 24th Annual Workshop on Object Perception, Attention, and Memory; Boston, MA.
- Garrett, P. M., Thorpe, A., Landy, D., Houpt, J. W., and Eidels, A. (2016). How do you count? Cognitive processing systems of enumeration. Poster presented at the 57th Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society; Boston, MA.
- Juvina, I., Collins, M.G., Larue, O., & de Melo, C. (2016). Toward a unified theory of learned trust. Paper presented at the International Conference on Cognitive Modeling, State College, PA.
- Lippa, K.D., & Shalin, V.L. (2015). Stepping up to the blackboard: Distributed cognition in doctor-patient interactions. In Proceedings of the Cognitive Science Society Conference.
- Rothwell, C.D., and Gilkey, R.H. (2014). Predicting perceived lateral position for large interaural time delays and straightness sensitivity: A comparison of three models. Accepted for presentation at the 37th Annual Midwinter Meeting of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology, San Diego, CA, February.