Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Chemistry Education Concentration

On this page:

Why Choose Chemistry?

Combine your education with a broad, integrated, and in-depth view of the field in Wright State’s Bachelor of Science in Chemistry program. Your balanced coursework will include departmental requirements, combined with university core requirements and electives. This provides you the opportunity to explore where your interests in science will lead you.

If you wish to teach chemistry in an Ohio public high school, you can pursue the Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry. Upon completion of this undergraduate degree program in the College of Science and Mathematics, you will then need to complete the Master of Education degree (M.Ed.) through Wright State’s College of Health, Education, and Human Services. Completion of both programs would make you eligible to seek licensure from the Ohio Department of Education in chemistry or chemistry in combination with another science field, depending on the content of the undergraduate curriculum.

Academics and Curriculum

The Adolescence to Young Adult Licensure Program in chemistry is based on an undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry.

View Bachelor of Science in Chemistry program information, degree requirements, and graduation planning strategy in the Academic Catalog.


You must apply for admission to Wright State University.

Declaring your Major

To apply for admission in the College of Science and Mathematics, you must fill out a “Change of Major” form and declare your area of emphasis (this can be done online through WINGS Express).

Articulation (Transfer) Agreements

Wright State has articulation agreements with a number of institutions. Articulation agreements will assure you a seamless transfer from one institution to another. To view current articulation agreements and determine which courses will transfer, visit the Articulation Agreements page or