The Dean's Circle consists of undergraduate students who represent the college’s eight comprehensive departments. The Dean’s Circle will meet twice a month during fall and spring semesters to discuss college-related issues high on the minds of CoSM students. In addition to their major, the members of the Dean’s Circle are selected based on their interests, academic achievement, and leadership skills.
The Dean’s Circle seeks applications from enthusiastic students who share the dean’s commitment to growing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), enhancing student success, advancing undergraduate experiential learning, and sharing our many successes with the Wright State communities. Appointed students will serve a two-year term beginning the Fall Semester of 2020.
Students appointed to the Dean's Circle will:
- Serve as liaisons between their classmates and the dean's office by bringing matters of importance before the group
- Promote awareness of CoSM programs and opportunities (such as the CoSM Mentor Circles) to both current and prospective students
- Represent CoSM at events such as Raider Open House, The STEM Experience, and other recruitment events
- Interact with CoSM faculty, staff, and administrators to help identify and address any challenges that may arise throughout the year
- Serve a two-year term (seniors appointed will serve only one year).
Interested students should submit a completed CoSM Dean's Circle application online (Qualtrics survey) to be considered.
To learn more about the concerns of undergraduate students in the college, in 2008, Dean Wheatly established a new student advisory board called the Dean’s Circle.
Check out STEMulations, the presentation, and demonstration series presented by the Dean's Circle to highlight STEM fields with exciting and informative events.
Alexandria Robertson is a senior majoring in biology. After completing her undergraduate degree, she plans to attend medical school and pursue a career as a physician. Connect with her on Instagram @alyxx23
Chynna Spitler is a junior majoring in physics. Additionally, she is a learning assistant, ambassador, and undergraduate researcher within the physics department.