The Intersection of Residential Living, Academic Learning, and Community Building
STEM City is a living-learning community organized for new first-time, first-year students who have an interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It is comprised of two cohorts: CoSM STEM Citizens and College of Engineering and Computer Science students. Each cohort has its own identity and specialized services, although there is some overlap in programming and interactions.
If you become a CoSM STEM Citizen, you will receive structured academic and social programming, specialized technology, and educational resources and services that create opportunities for community bonding and connect you to faculty, staff, and other students in your discipline.
- First-Year Transition to College Seminar (SM1990, 1 credit hour), required
- Supplemental Instruction for Biology and Chemistry Classes
- Tutoring Services and Study Coach
- Academic and Social Programs
- Professional Academic Advising
- Research and Leadership Opportunities
Become a CoSM STEM Citizen
- Select Hamilton Hall/STEM City on your Housing Application
- Sign up for Summer Orientation and make STEM City your preferred Learning Community on your Pre-Orientation Questionnaire
- Register for SM1990: STEM Success