Advising and Resources

Policies and Procedures

Academic Credits

Academic Standing

Academic Probation and Dismissal

When a student's  cumulative GPA drops below 2.0, the registrar takes scholastic action by placing the  student on probation. Students who remain on probation for two semesters may be dismissed from the  university for unsatisfactory academic performance. 

Add/Change of Major, Minor, or Concentration

A request to add and/or change a major, minor, or concentration can be made through WINGS Express. Undecided/exploratory students are not permitted to make change requests through WINGS Express. They must consult with their advisor.

Appeal a Grade or Conflict with a Professor

When a dispute arises between a faculty member and student over grades or other academic evaluations, the normal procedure is for the student to try to resolve the dispute in the following order: 

  • Consult with faculty member; then, if necessary, 
  • Consult with the departmental chair; then, if necessary, 
  • Consult with the dean’s office regarding thePDF icon Academic Mediation Policy (PDF)


Federal Student Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal

If you do not meet SAP requirements, you may appeal to the Office of Financial Aid for financial aid probation.


Undergraduate science and mathematics students are required to obtain prior approval from their academic advisor before accessing the online graduation application.

Registering for Classes

Most students are eligible to register online through WINGS Express. Probation students need advisor approval to register. Learn more about Registration.

Transfer Credit