All students in the Master of Science degree program in Applied Statistics are required to take STT 7910/7920, the Statistical Consulting Course.
This course combines elements of an independent reading course and a practicum to provide students with valuable experience in the art and science of statistical consulting.
Activities in STT 7910/7920, all performed under the supervision of experienced consultants, include:
- attending SCC staff meetings
- attending consulting sessions with clients
- conducting statistical analyses
- writing reports for clients
- explaining results to clients
- participating in general problem-solving activities
- reading assignments