The National Environmental Sciences Honor Society
National Chapter, Wright State University
Pi Epsilon’s first chapter and National Office was founded by a group of Environmental Sciences Ph.D. students at Wright State University in 2003. Pi Epsilon promotes the study of environmental sciences through recognition of exemplary scholarly and professional activity at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Environmental science is understood to be the study of our environment and all stressors acting on it: chemical, physical, and biological. The Society seeks to promote interdisciplinary studies and foster interactions between industry and academia to further the study of environmental science.
Interested in starting a new Pi Epsilon Chapter? The new updated Chapter Application Form (PDF) is available for download.
Are you wishing to join an existing Pi Epsilon chapter? The new updated Membership Application Form (PDF) is available for download. The fee for a lifetime membership in Pi Epsilon is $25.00 (check made payable to Pi Epsilon).
The National Chapter is actively seeking members. Membership is open to undergraduate and graduate students in the environmental and natural sciences who meet the following requirements:
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.30 out of 4.00
- Have completed at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter) of total coursework for undergraduates and at least 6 semester hours of total coursework for graduate students.
- Have completed at least three quarter- or semester-length courses in environmental science (of which at least one is not an introductory course) with a cumulative GPA in those courses of at least 3.30 out of 4.00.
- If no environmental science courses are available, courses from biology, chemistry, geology, and physics will be accepted with the following requirements:
- Courses must be from three of the four above disciplines
- The primary discipline of study must not exceed 75% of the total science coursework.
- Cumulative science GPA must be at least 3.30 out of 4.00
If you meet the above requirements, you may get a membership application (see above). For answers to any questions you may have, please contact the Alpha chapter office at (937) 775-3273.