See you next week!
The Statistical Consulting Center (SCC) serves clients both inside and outside the university community. Everyone is eligible for an initial one-hour consultation free of charge. Our services are free to College of Science and Mathematics faculty, staff and graduate students doing research at Wright State without grant support or other funding. Our rates are modest for other fully-affiliated Wright State faculty, staff and graduate students for research done at Wright State, and we provide free support on grant proposals if written into the grant to provide statistical support. Special policies and procedures must be followed by graduate students. Contact the SCC office to make an appointment or for further information.
Why Use a Consultant?
- Many research proposals can be made more effective with a stronger statistical component. The SCC can strengthen your research work by assisting with such aspects as formulation of hypotheses, experimental design, sample size estimation, data collection methodology, methods of analysis, and interpretation of results. We welcome the opportunity to partner with you in your research.
- Those who deal with data in their research, graduate studies, or business activities can seek advice and assistance from a consultant at the SCC (Wright State graduate students need approval of their advisor). It is best to meet with us at the planning stage, before collecting data. Even if you carry out all your own statistical design and analysis, it is worthwhile to plan and review them with a SCC consultant to assess their appropriateness and viability to achieve your intended goals.
- We can assist with data entry and data management.
- We regularly offer a "Statistical Overview" short course as well as workshops on SAS, SPSS and R software packages. In addition, we can develop other short courses and workshops on specific statistical topics presented at an appropriate technical level.
- We offer statistical software assistance either individually or via class presentations, as our availability and expertise permits, with no charge to faculty for these services.
When do I Contact the Statistical Consulting Center?
It is important to contact us as early in your research project as possible, preferably when planning your data collection and analysis. For grant-funded, long-term research, we can be most effective if we are involved in planning and drafting the experimental design and analysis and written into the budget proposal as a consultant. Availability of consultants affects scheduling; priority is typically first-come first served, and even last minute requests should be scheduled at least a week in advance of your deadline. Make an appointment today by calling (937) 775-4205.