Additional Math and Statistics Colloquia have been added to the Fall Schedule. Click here for more information.
The Statistical Consulting Center (SCC) serves clients both inside and outside the university community. Fully-affiliated Wright State faculty, staff, and graduate students may use them at a reduced rate for research done at Wright State. Costs are determined by the nature of the work and the type of assistance needed. Special policies and procedures must be followed by graduate students. Contact the SCC office for current pricing.
Why Use a Consultant?
- Many research proposals can be made more effective with a stronger statistical component. The SCC can strengthen your research work by tightening such aspects as formulation of hypotheses, experimental design, sample size estimation, data collection methodology, methods of analysis, and interpretation of results.
- We can assist with data entry and data management.
- Let the SCC create customized "bubble sheets" for you using NCS Pearson's OpScan hardware and software. Return the completed sheets to us, and we will scan them and provide you a line-by-line (ASCII) formatted file of the results. Analyze the data yourself, or ask for our assistance.
- We can provide short courses or workshops on specific statistical topics. We will work with you to customize presentations so that they are at an appropriate technical level.
- Those who deal with data in their business, research or graduate studies can seek advice and assistance from a consultant at the SCC. (Wright State graduate students need the approval of their advisor.) Even if you carry out all of your own statistical design and analysis work, it is worthwhile to discuss them with a consultant at the SCC regarding the validity of the design, the appropriateness of the statistical model, and the reliability of the results.
When do I Contact the Statistical Consulting Center?
It is important to contact us as early in the research project as possible. For grant-funded, long-term research, we can be most effective if written into the budget proposal as a consultant. Availability of consultants and facilities (including computers and our new OpScan Model 4U Scanner) will affect scheduling. Make an appointment today by calling (937) 775-4205.