There are a number of organized summer research programs designed for the undergraduate looking to enhance their medical school application or the high school student wanting to explore medicine as a career. Generally, summer research programs are highly selective and include courses, special lectures, seminars/workshops, clinical experiences, and/or interviewing experience. Activities are designed to provide an overview of health care delivery and emphasize problem solving and teamwork.
Research programs at Wright State include:
Summer research programs in Ohio:
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, Summer Undergraduate Research in Pharmacology
- Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Summer Research Programs
- Children's Hospital Research Foundation of Cincinnati, Division of Developmental Biology, Undergraduate Summer Student Program
- Ohio State University Medical Center, Success Summer Undergraduate Course Creating Excellence in Scientific Study
- Ohio State University, BREIS (Biomedical Research Experience for Indigenous Students) program
- Ohio State University Veterinary Scholar Summer Research Program
- Ohio University-Heritage College of Medicine (OU-HCOM) Summer Scholars
- Ohio University Medical Center, Success Summer Undergraduate Course Creating Excellence in Scientific Study
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- University of Toledo – Walgreens Pharmacy Camp
For more information about these and other summer research programs, contact the pre-health advisor.