Meet other students in the Post-Bac program by following the Post-Bac Tumblr blog. This student run blog gives our students a way to share stories and keep up-to-date with various events and volunteer opportunities. Follow the Tumblr Blog!
The Post-Bac Certificate in Pre-Medical Studies provides returning students with a structure for pursuing the courses required for admission into medical schools and other health professions’ graduate programs.
The certificate provides a holistic approach in preparing the student academically through a combination of courses including both the natural and behavioral sciences and in multicultural competency. The certificate promotes a better understanding of how healthcare is impacted by social, educational, familial, racial, and gender dynamics.
Wright State’s Pre-Health Program offers highly motivated, mature, and service-oriented individuals the opportunity to study the sciences. Therefore, preparing them to be a competitive applicant to medical schools and other professional programs. Two paths of study are offered; 1) “Career Changers” needing two years of core studies in the sciences and 2) those already with a scientific background but seeking to “enhance” their academic credentials on more advanced topics in the biomedical sciences.
Special Program Features include:
- Personalized, one-on-one advising and support
- Customized program of study to meet requirements of specific health professional schools
- Volunteer and research opportunities
- Federal Financial Aid available to those who qualify, contact the Raider Connect office for more information
- Comprehensive letter of recommendation written by the Pre-Health Program advisor, for those who complete the program
- Certificate of Completion
- Full-time course work is recommended, part-time options are available