On this page:
The Pre-Medical Studies, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate provides returning students with a structure for pursuing the courses required for admission into medical schools and other health professions’ graduate programs.
The certificate provides a holistic approach in preparing the student academically through a combination of courses including both the natural and behavioral sciences and in multicultural competency. The certificate promotes a better understanding of how healthcare is impacted by social, educational, familial, racial, and gender dynamics.
Wright State’s Pre-Health Program offers highly motivated, mature, and service-oriented individuals the opportunity to study the sciences. Therefore, preparing them to be a competitive applicant to medical schools and other professional programs. Two paths of study are offered: career changers needing two years of core studies in the sciences and those already with a scientific background but seeking to enhance their academic credentials on more advanced topics in the biomedical sciences.
The Pre-Medical Studies, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate is intended for students that are dedicated to pursuing a professional career in health care. A successful applicant will have certain qualities, including:
- Met the undergraduate admission requirements of the university
- An overall GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 semester hours or overall
- Previous exposure to the profession through volunteer work, shadowing or employment in a related field
- Demonstrated ability and work ethic to succeed academically
- Self-awareness, self-motivation, and independence
- Complete the Post-Baccalaureate Inquiry Form to Review Your Eligibility for the Program
- Submit college transcript(s) to program advisor (Note: Unofficial transcripts or advising reports are acceptable for initial program review.)
Or Mail to:
172 Brehm Laboratory
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy
Dayton, OH 45435
Or Fax to: (937) 775-3068
- Interview with your Pre-Professional Health Program Coordinator. The Pre-Professional Health Coordinator will contact you to schedule an appointment once your application and transcript(s) have been reviewed. In-person appointments are recommended, however, phone appointments are available if needed.
The Pre-Medical Studies, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate reviews and admits students on a continuous basis. Students may begin the program any semester.