Wright State University enrolls hundreds of students interested in pursuing careers in the health professions. The Pre-Health Advising Program provides support to these students in collaboration with academic and university honors advisors. Advising resources that include up-to-date information on requirements, admission statistics, and other relevant information are available to students. Our office prepares students to become competitive applicants for many health professional programs including medicine, dentistry, optometry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, pharmacy, and physician's assistant.
The Pre-Health Advising Program works to empower and engage students through exploring, preparing, and applying to health professional programs. Assisting students in a holistic process, we provide:
- guidance in self-assessment and career exploration
- aid in personalizing a program of schedule that satisfies degree and pre-professional requirements
- student engagement in curricular and co-curricular experiences, such as research and mentoring
- workshops on building strong applications, meeting deadlines, and effectively writing personal statements
- individualized time with advisor
Talk to your academic advisor to join the Pre-Health Pilot Community for additional information and workshop schedules.
If you need to schedule an appointment, you will need to provide a name, phone number, UID (if Wright State student), year in school, major, and reason for appointment.