The course is intended to assist students in reviewing the material covered on the MCAT. It will provide 54 hours of instruction from MS-1 and MS-2 medical students from the Boonshoft School of Medicine, and an additional 2-hr application workshop by the pre-med advisor covering application timelines, interviewing strategies, guidelines for personal statements and collecting letters of recommendation. A minimum of 10 students must be enrolled to hold the course. A maximum of 15 students will be accepted into the course each semester, if an additional 10 students register then a second class will be opened.
The course fee of $600 includes:
- ExamKrackers Complete MCAT Study Package (value $200)
- Three online AAMC practice tests (value $105)
- 54 hours of instruction in Biology, Chemistry, Organic-Chemistry, Physics, and Verbal Reasoning
The course is made up of 19 lectures divided as follows:
- 6 lectures in Biological Sciences
- 4 lectures in General Chemistry
- 4 lectures in General Physics
- 2 lectures in Organic Chemistry
- 2 lectures in Verbal Reasoning
- 1 lecture over the application process
To Register, download the Registration Form (PDF) and drop off in 106 Oelman Hall.
The prep course is currently offered every spring and summer. Three-hour lectures are generally held in the late afternoons/evenings twice per week.